Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Shout Out To Small Business

As I was reading one of the business publications I subscribe to, I read a simple, most likely, glanced over sentence. It basically read, "...a seven employee, $3 million company.."

And, I thought to myself, I love this. Now, for some businesses this is a grain of sand in a sand-box, but let's really reflect on this: 7 individuals are generating that much revenue and that is spectacular. The idea probably started in some sleep-deprived guy's musty garage. In the same vicinity, some businesses have even fewer employees and can generate those kinds of numbers. It proves that size does not matter. If you can strike a chord with a market segment, you will reap the benefits.

This is one of the reasons I love small business. This is one of the reasons my passion for entrepreneurs / small business is limitless. This is one of the reasons you can-never-ever give up your will to succeed. This is one of the reasons the ability to harness your passion to make something happen and make a difference is so stupendous because let's be honest, not everyone has the passion to drive forward no-matter-what.

The financial prosperity is great, but money is not the be-all. Knowing you gave chase to "what-could-be" and made it happen is what the American dream is all about.

All I want to say is, thank-you small business owners. We are the driving force in our world. It takes risk to do what we do. Let's continue to progress forward.

~The GURU

No comments: